Tourism: We Are “IT!”
The Howard County Office of Tourism and Promotion is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to promoting all that is wonderful and unique about visiting and living in Howard County, Maryland. As the official destination marketing organization for Howard County, we are IT–the first and foremost source of information for people who want to know more about where to go and what to see and do in Howard County.
Our organization is primarily funded through a generous grant from Howard County Government. We are governed by a Board of Directors and receive supplemental funding via partnership dues. We are an advocate for the tourism industry and offer exclusive promotional benefits to individuals and businesses interested in capturing a greater market share of the millions of dollars tourism generates. Our professional public relations and sales and marketing teams are ready to help as front-line resources to extend your business’s marketing reach both regionally and locally, as well as assist with your in-house promotional efforts.
Our partners enjoy first-hand access to an extensive clientele base along with front-and-center promotional opportunities that set their business apart from the crowd. As a partner you have access to a wide array of products that can maximize your marketing efforts.
Our products include…
- The Howard County Welcome Center… located in historic Ellicott City (one of Howard County’s top visitor attractions), serves over 30,000 visitors annually who stop by for information on where to go and what to see and do while in the county.
- The Official Howard County Welcome Guide… 100,000 copies are distributed yearly at welcome centers throughout Maryland and locally in hotel rooms, business parks, Howard County libraries AND to concert-goers at Merriweather Post Pavilion.
- VisitHowardCounty.com… the official web page for visitor information, serves as a gateway to all that Howard County has to offer. It provides Calendar of Event listings and travel packages, and receives over 10,000 unique visits monthly.
Promotional Opportunities for Partners:
- Cooperative Media Buying & Regional Partnerships: with Maryland Office of Tourism, Destination DC, Visit Baltimore, Capitol Region USA and the Maryland Tourism Council including booth space at trade shows, FAM tours with travel writers, group sales leads and professional development
- “On-the-Go” Welcome Center: the primary source of on-site, visitor information at major county events including the Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival, Wine in the Woods, Columbia Festival of the Arts and Howard County Fair .
- Special Seasonal Marketing Campaigns including springtime’s April Cherrybration Days, Paint IT! Ellicott City Plein Air and Winter & Summer RESTaurant Weeks
Industry Networking Opportunities
- The Annual Tourism Meeting
- Bi-monthly Group Sales Breakfast Club
- Quarterly Partner Mixers