Welcome to Maryland's emerging all-star of sports! Howard County is a highly regarded location for athletes, teams and their coaches. The area's convenient location, welcoming attitude and great value combine to make it a top sports destination.
Working with the county's facilities, attractions and accommodations, Visit Howard County is here to serve as a resource and facilitator for sporting event organizers.
Everyone's a winner when you bring your sporting event to Howard County! We are home to the Columbia Iron Girl Triathlon, Columbia Soccer Invitational and the National High School Lacrosse Showcase!
Howard County offers a field house with over 33,000 sq.ft. field house; more than 3,000 hotel rooms, 8 golf courses, 100+ miles of trails and over 1035 acres of multi-sports parks!
Let local experts help you find the perfect venue and group discount rates to make your tournament or sporting event a home run! For more information, contact the Visit Howard County sales team.
- Only 20 minutes from both Washington DC & Baltimore Beltways
- 10 minutes from BWI Thurgood Marshall Airport
- Central to and easily accessible from both I-70 and I-95 corridors
- Accessible to BWI Thurgood Marshall Airport Amtrak Station
- MARC Train
- 3 major airports are within 50 miles of Columbia, MD
- BWI Thurgood Marshall Airport - 17 miles
- Washington Dulles International Airport - 50 miles
- Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport - 37 miles