Happy Friday the 13th! While many consider this day to be an unlucky day, we here in Ellicott City view it as a day to celebrate the weird! Here are 13 interesting facts about Old Ellicott City to get you in the mood for this fabulous Friday the 13th!
1. Frederick Road starts at ext. 13 of the Beltway.
2. 13 miles from the B&O station located in Baltimore.
3. It takes 13 hours and 31 minutes to get from Bucks County, PA to Ellicott City, MD via bicycle.
4. Old Ellicott City's ghost tours are only $13
5. Court Avenue was once an area called Mount Misery.
6. There are 13 places to have dinner in Old Ellicott City
7. $13 could buy you one comic book, a latte, and a vinyl record on Main Street in Old Ellicott City.
8. Temperatures have reached lower than -13 degrees in Old Ellicott City.
9. Maryland is one of the original 13 colonies.
10. Ellicott Mills--our original name--has 13 letters in it.
12. The Bollman Truss Railroad Bridge in Savage is made of both cast iron and wrought iron. It is the only open railroad bridge of its type anywhere in the world
13. There are 13 badges on display in the Howard County Police Museum