Fall is Brewing In Howard County
Fall is one of the best times of the year! The leaves change color, the air gets crisp, and everyone’s favorite fall beers make a comeback. Some of Howard County's finest breweries and taphouses have some amazing fall beers ready for you to enjoy, so what are you waiting for? Check out the list below to see what's on tap.
Black Flag Brewing Co. This local brewery was the first production taproom in Columbia, and offers some impressive beers on tap, including some exceptional seasonal beers…
- Basic Bee - (7.2% ABV) Pumpkins, spices, maple syrup, and wildflower honey make up this seasonal pumpkin ale.
- Outback Haze - (7.2% ABV) Vic Secret and Motueka hops from New Zealand and Australia are paired with Citra for this hazy hoppy IPA.
Frisco Tap House. Frisco originally started in Towson, but has since moved to Columbia to become a full fledged tap house! Also the home of PUSH American Brewing Company.
- Reckless Pumpkin Jack (7.8% ABV) - This ale is brewed with copious amounts of pumpkin meat, dark Munich Malt, Caramunich Malt, and a touch of Chocolate Malt. Lightly hopped with Galena and Willamette hops and finished with cinnamon, allspice, and nutmeg.
Jailbreak Brewing Company. Started in 2013, this local brewery makes artfully crafted beers for you to enjoy!
- Dusk Till Dawn (10.3% ABV) This blend of chocolate, fresh pressed espresso from Ceremony Coffee Roasters, and roasted malt, come together for this dark imperial stout.
- Righteous Guava (6.5% ABV) This IPA is made with actual guava puree, giving it a nice, fresh kick.
- The White Russian (5.5% ABV) Golden malts, roasted coffee from Ceremony Coffee, and a hint of vanilla are combined to make this smooth cream ale.
- CarnEVIL (6.5% ABV) This limited release IPA combines blood orange citrus and malts, creating a deliciously evil drink.
Manor Hill Brewing Co. Howard County’s first farm brewery, which uses high quality seasonal ingredients in their beers.
- Malt Shop IPA (8% ABV) This milkshake/smoothie imperial IPA is made up of flaked wheat, oats, lactose milk sugar, blackberries, black currant juices, and is conditioned over vanilla beans. This dessert in a can is great for cold days!
- Oud Bruin (8% ABV) Brown ale beer base, fermented in Oloroso sherry casks, with lactobacillus and brettanomyces introduced during fermentation. Aromas of oak and dark fruit accompany this delicious tart ale.
Red Shedman Farm Brewery. This farm brewery features a tasting room and 12 hand crafted ales, ciders, and barrel aged beers.
- The Reaper (7% ABV) - This stout reaps the benefit of being aged in bourbon barrels for over three months. Expect a mouthful of delight splashed with the sweetness of cherry and vanilla. Black as night, this beer will leave you mourning over your empty glass.
- Honey Bourbon (9% ABV) - A golden beer with the sweetness of honey nectar interlaced with the smooth background of Bourbon Reserve.
- Grinder Espresso Stout - (5.4% ABV) This chocolate stout is blended with Colombian coffee, giving it a rich, bold flavor! Perfect for cold nights.
- Limited Release Cranberry Hard Cider (coming soon)
Check out HowardOnTap.com to learn more about each of these amazing breweries. While you're there check out the beer trail, where you could win some amazing prizes (while supplies last).