Ready for another exciting weekend ? Explore some awesome events happening this weekend, but be sure to check out our events calendar for a full listing of happenings around town! Click here
- Shop, Dine & Be Mine--Whether a romantic dinner for two, a fun family outing or getting creative with friends - there's something everyone will love in Old Ellicott City this February. Shop special sales in our unique shops to find the perfect gift or participate in one of the many offered creative classes to craft your own. Come see what's new in Old Ellicott City and fall in love again.
- Meet Mary Banneker--As a woman, mother, and wife, Mary Banneker was an integral part of the community and the Banneker homestead of the 1700's. Learn how Mary prepared for winter by drying herbs, sewing blankets, and lighting the fireplace and candles. Find out how Mary Used plants and herbs to care for herself and her family during illness, according to the medicinal expertise of the 1700's.
- AKC Sanctioned All Breed Dog Show--February 16th & 17th, 2019 MD Kennel Club 8 am - 4 pm
- The Commons Great Chili Cookoff--Join us for the Commons Great Chili Cook-Off to benefit Grassroots Crisis Intervention Center!
- Maryland Brewery Tours--Check out Maryland's finest breweries without the hassle of driving and with the added perks of behind the scenes tours, a fresh pint of your choice at each stop, swag, good times, and more!
- An Evening with Arty Long & The Long Gone Daddys--From Baltimore, MD to Central Texas, Arty Hill packs the bars and dance floors with his unique brand of modern Honky Tonk.
- Sam Grow, Scott Kurt & Memphis 59--Originally from Mechanicsville, rising Nashville artist, Sam Grow, is no stranger to the great state of Maryland. In fact his music can be heard on WXCY Havre De Grace and WMZQ Washington DC. Sam’s current single “History” has claimed the number 1 requested song spot for the top 5 at 5 on WXCY. He was also recently featured in Billboard magazine as one of the top 7 country artists to watch for 2019.
- Art to Warm the Soul--Artists’ Gallery in Ellicott City invites passersby to take a break from the winter weather and enjoy “Art to Warm the Soul.”
- Gypsy: Let me Entertain You--Regarded by many theatre professionals as the greatest musical ever created, GYPSY is the ultimate tale of an ambitious stage mother fighting for her daughters’ success while secretly yearning for her own. Set in the 1920’s, when vaudeville was dying and burlesque was born, GYPSY explores the world of show business with brass, humor and heart featuring the hits “Everything’s Coming up Roses” and “Let Me Entertain You.”
- Undesign the Red Line--Undesign the Redline is an interactive exhibit that explores the history of structural racism and classism, how these designs compounded each other from redlining maps until today, and how we can come together to undesign these systems with intentionality.
- Valentine's Day Truffle Making & Wine Tasting--Learn the art of hand-rolling your own delectable chocolate truffles while discovering all about the plant from which chocolate is made. Enjoy tastings from local winery, Linganore Vineyards, and learn about the sustainable practices used in their business. Each person samples 6 wines and leaves with 10 hand-rolled truffles.
- Paint Nite @ Ellicott Mills Brewing Company