The Annual HoCoFolkFest will be held on October 1, 2016 at the Shrine of St. Anthony in Ellicott City.
- FREE entry for teachers and teachers aides.
Traditional Irish (Tanzania Ceili Band), Bluegrass (Snaggy Mountain Bluegrass), andOld Tyme (Darla Jean & the Somethin' or Others) music.
Irish Step Dancing (Broesler School of Irish Dance), Square Dancing (Tom Thumb Square Dance club), and Appalachian Clogging (Caroll County Cloggers).
The festival is hosted by the Tanzanian Children's Project (www.tanzaniakids.org). Net proceeds will be used to support health and education projects in Tanzania.
- For your comfort we suggest that you bring a lawn chair, blanket, or quilt to sit on.
Food, beverages, beer, and wine will be available for purchase.
- Local charities in Howard County, including the Tanzanian Children's Project, will be in attendance. Many have volunteer opportunities to offer.
- Bring your instrument if you are interested in playing in an Irish music session. Instruments must of the type that are typically played in Irish, Bluegrass, or Old time music sessions (no brass instruments, Saxophones, etc.).
- We are seeking volunteers and will offer free entry and a $10.00 food and beverage allowance. Expect to donate at least three hours of your time. Contact us atHoCoFolkFest@gmail.com if you are interested.
- Performances may change due to unforeseen circumstances beyond our control.