Howard County General Hospital’s State of Health Care
- Address: Online, Columbia, MD 21045
- Presented By: Howard County General Hospital - Johns Hopkins Medicine
- Dates: November 11, 2020
- Time: 8:30 AM to 9:30 AM
- Price: FREE
Howard County General Hospital will host the third annual State of Health Care in Howard County, presenting “The COVID-19 Effect: Your Health and Care” virtually with a panel of Johns Hopkins experts in emergency medicine and infectious diseases.
The event is free to attend. Register at bit.ly/shc-hoco.
Steve Snelgrove, president of Howard County General Hospital, Kevin Sowers, president of Johns Hopkins Health System and executive vice president of Johns Hopkins Medicine, and Elizabeth Rendón-Sherman, chair of the Howard County General Hospital board of trustees, will host the event.
Deborah Trautman, president and CEO of the American Association of Colleges of Nursing, will moderate the panel. Panelists will discuss the latest COVID-19 treatment advances, vaccines, health equity and how the pandemic may change the way care is accessed and delivered. They include:
• Dr. Sherita Hill Golden, vice president, chief diversity officer and professor of medicine at Johns Hopkins Medicine
• Dr. Gabor Kelen, director of the department of emergency medicine and professor of emergency medicine at Johns Hopkins Medicine
• Dr. Mark Landrum, chief for infectious disease at Howard County General Hospital
• Dr. Lisa Maragakis, senior director of infection prevention and associate professor of Johns Hopkins Health System