Teaching and Making with Big Ideas in Mind
- Location: Howard County Arts Council
- Address: 8510 High Ridge Road, Ellicott City, MD 21043
- Dates: March 8, 2019 - April 19, 2019
- Recurrence: Recurring weekly on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
- Phone: 410-313-2787
- Time: 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM
- Price: Free
An exhibit featuring work by Howard County Public School System art faculty. During the summer, K-12 art teachers expanded their own artistic practice, and broadened their understanding of contemporary artists and teaching for big ideas, through in-depth research of contemporary artistic sources, and an exploration of new media and processes. Through immersion in the studio and collaboration with peers, teachers explored their own identity through their personal art-making to better understand and empathize with the struggle their students experience, and to ultimately develop rigorous, developmentally appropriate instructional experiences in the classroom.
Exhibit runs March 8 - April 19, with a free public reception on April 4 from 5-7pm. Gallery hours: Mon-Fri 10am-8pm, Sat 10am-4pm, Sun 12-4pm.