The Camera and the Brush
- Location: Artists' Gallery
- Address: 8197 Main Street, Located in Taylor’s Collective: Antiques, Art, Artisans, Ellicott City, MD 21043
- Presented By: Artists' Gallery
- Dates: May 28, 2019 - June 30, 2019
- Recurrence: Recurring daily
- Phone: 410 325 5936
- Time: 11:00 AM to 6:00 PM
- Price: Free
The elements of the world around us can be depicted by either the photographers’s lens or the artist’s brush. Both are intended to draw the attention of the viewer. The lens captures the artistry of nature, a moment in time, and architectural structure. The brush brings nature to the viewer through the imagination of the artist. The use of vibrant color, deep and varied texture, and unusual shapes bring the images to life. Painter Pauline Rakis and photographer Jerry Weinstein demonstrate how two very different media can produce beautiful imagery.
May 28-June 30
Reception, June 8, 4-6 p.m.
Join us to meet the artists and enjoy wine and other refreshments!
Gallery hours: Tues-Wed, 11 a.m.-3 p.m.; Thurs-Sat, 11 a.m.- 6.p.m.; Sun, 11 a.m.-5 p.m.; closed Mon.