Youth Art Month exhibit, Food for Thought: Breaking Bread, Building Community Virtual Tour
The Arts Council operates the Howard County Center for the Arts, a vibrant place for the arts featuring exhibits, performances, classes, and studio space for artists.
The Arts Council presents 10-12 free exhibits each year in our two galleries — providing an ever-changing artistic experience for visitors to enjoy. We also host a free reception for each gallery exhibit, providing a more social experience and opportunities for guests and artists to meet and mingle. In addition to our gallery program, our annual outdoor ARTsites sculpture exhibit places sculptures at locations throughout the county, providing the opportunity for a free self-guided public art tour.
The Arts Council also offers students of all ages, backgrounds and abilities a chance to discover their unique creative talents through our wide variety of classes and our visual and performing arts summer camps for students entering grades K-7.
In addition to providing studio space for fourteen resident visual artists and office space for three non-profit arts organizations, the Center for the Arts is also a community arts venue, with a black box theatre, dance studio, conference room, and classrooms available to rent for arts-related classes, performances, and other activities.
Attractions - General Info
- Days & Hours of Operation: Mon-Fri 9am-8pm; Saturday 10am-4pm, Sunday 12-4pm
- Handicap Accessible:
- Gift Shop/Shopping On Site:
- Off-Premise Catering Available:
- Description The Howard County Center for the Arts has a black box theatre (max capacity 118), 3 multipurpose classrooms (max capacity 25), a conference room (max capacity 150), and a dance studio (max capacity 50) available for rent to arts groups for arts-related activities.
- Space Notes Rental spaces at the Howard County Center for the Arts are reserved for arts groups and arts-related activities.
- Theatre Capacity 118
- Classroom Capacity 25
Black box theatre
- Theater Capacity: 118
Classrooms (Rooms 8, 9 & 14)
- Total Sq. Ft.: 600
- Classroom Capacity: 25
- Total Sq. Ft.: 1105
- Width: 17
- Length: 65
- Classroom Capacity: 150
- Total Sq. Ft.: 918
- Classroom Capacity: 50
- Howard County Arts Council - Recurring weekly on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday until August 5, 2021
An exhibit featuring artwork created by juried artists during Paint It! Ellicott City, an annual plein air paint-out in Ellicott City’s...