Summer is here and Old Ellicott City has you covered with a season full of outdoor entertainment and summer treats.
Pack a chair and head over to the The Wine Bin, offering free outdoor movies every Saturday night until September 28th. A diverse and exciting lineup of films, including classics like Roman Holiday and Rear Window, to modern hits like 2018’s A Star is Born and Spiderman: Into the Spiderverse. Beer and wine are available for purchase, as well as popcorn, treats, and bottled water to benefit Voices for Children of Howard County. Audiences are advised to visit IMDB.com for help in deciding what films are appropriate for them.
- Belmont Manor beings Belmont Blockbusters on June 27th. Experience the beauty of Belmont Manor & Historic park with family and friends at this outdoor movie series. Movie start shortly after sundown in the formal garden behind the Manor. Bring a picnic, blanket, or lawn chairs and enjoy free popcorn. For a schedule of the upcoming movies click here
- Chesapeake Shakespeare Company is presenting a moveable, outdoor performance of Macbeth at the PFI Historic Park throughout the month of June. Be up close to the action as you travel with the actors through the stone walls of the Patapsco Female Institute and outdoor park. Get more info on showtimes and tickets here!
- Paint It! Ellicott City Plein Air Paint-out and Exhibition will see artists from all over the region gather in Old Ellicott City from June 27th to July 1st to paint the town, literally! Spectators are invited to spend the summer weekend strolling the streets and shops, watching the artists at work. Community artists are encouraged to grab their easel and brushes and join the fun as well as Open Paint-Out participants. Paint It! culminates in an exhibit of the juried artists' work at the Howard County Center for the Arts from July 1 through August 9.
- Little Market Cafe and Parkridge Creamery will be co-hosting an annual summer concert series featuring popular local bands Friday through Sunday at Back Yard Brunch, Folky Fridays, and Concerts on the Courtyard all summer long. For more information and a schedule of performers click here.
- Beat the summer heat with a trip to Old Ellicott City for some of the best locally made Ice Cream in Maryland. Parkridge Creamery serves hand-scooped Taharka Brothers, Baltimore's famous small batch ice cream featuring original, every-changing favorites like Bailey’s Irish Cream, bourbon butter pecan, and key lime pie. Moorenkos on Main Street offers small-batch, ultra-premium ice cream with tasty and unique flavors like creme fraiche and honey lavender.
- The Museum of Howard County History offers walking tours of Old Ellicott City. "Ye Haunted History of Olde Ellicott City" and "The Spirits" Pub Tour are just two of their many curated tours taking place this summer. For information on schedules and tickets, click here.
- The Ellicott City Old Town Market is held every Saturday until October 26th. There are a wide variety of local vendors and farms offering produce, baked goods, pickles, pizza, handmade crafts, and much more.
There’s never a dull moment in town. With over seventy galleries, shops, restaurants, service providers, historic sites, free museums, and more there is plenty to see and do all summer long.