Welcome Major League Quidditch!
Major League Quidditch (MLQ) is hosting its season-ending championship in partnership with Visit Howard County in Howard County, Md. on Aug. 21-23. The 12 best real-life quidditch teams from across the U.S. will gather at Troy Park for a multi-day tournament to compete to win the prized Benepe Cup. Tickets are now on sale for the event at MLQChampionship.com.
Working with the county's facilities, attractions and accommodations, Visit Howard County is here to serve as a resource and facilitator for sporting event organizers.
Everyone's a winner when you bring your sporting event to Howard County! We are home to the Columbia Iron Girl Triathlon, Columbia Soccer Invitational and the National High School Lacrosse Showcase!
Howard County offers a field house with over 33,000 sq.ft. field house; more than 3,000 hotel rooms, 8 golf courses, 100+ miles of trails and over 1035 acres of multi-sports parks!
Let local experts help you find the perfect venue and group discount rates to make your tournament or sporting event a home run! For more information, contact the Visit Howard County sales team.
- Only 20 minutes from both Washington DC & Baltimore Beltways
- 10 minutes from BWI Thurgood Marshall Airport
- Central to and easily accessible from both I-70 and I-95 corridors
- Accessible to BWI Thurgood Marshall Airport Amtrak Station
- MARC Train
- 3 major airports are within 50 miles of Columbia, MD
- BWI Thurgood Marshall Airport - 17 miles
- Washington Dulles International Airport - 50 miles
- Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport - 37 miles