Looking for the perfect way to spend your Valentine’s Weekend? Howard County, Maryland has one of a kind bakeries and desserts, delectable dinners from the comfort of your home, and great romantic hotel getaways near Washington, DC and Baltimore. Here are just a few ideas to spark a bit of romance over Valentine’s Day.
Plan a Romantic Overnight Stay
Pamper you and your loved one at Turf Valley Resort & Spa and enjoy cozy hotel rooms and indulgent Spa Treatments like hot stone massages, seaweed wraps and even chocolate body scrubs. Tusculum Farm is a 1700’s farmhouse transformed into a beautiful farmside Inn, perfect for a romantic moonlit evening.
- Romance in the Valley Overnight Package at Turf Valley Resort - Enjoy an executive king or one-bedroom suite, three-course dinner for two at Alexandra's American Fusion with a Champagne Toast. Top off the night with Chocolate Covered Strawberries delivered to your room.
- Valentine's Day Package at Live! Casino and Hotel - Plan for a night of excitement with a $100 dining credit, $50 free slot play, and complimentary chocolate and champagne.
- Valentine's Day Getaway at Merriweather Lakehouse - Pamper your love with a romantic getaway at Merriweather Lakehouse. Enjoy luxe guest room accommodations, followed by a 5-course meal and wine pairing curated by award-winning Chef Adam Harper. Package includes rose petal turn-down, chocolate-covered strawberries, a complimentary bottle of champagne to your room, and late checkout.
Pick up Chocolates, Cakes, & Sweets
Howard County has no shortage of chocolates, cupcakes, pastries and sweets to indulge in. There are a myriad of bakeries along Maryland’s Korean Way, such as Tous Les Jour, which specializes in French-Korean pastries and cakes. Kupcakes & Co. will not doubt be offering tempting Valentine’s Day cupcakes. In addition to their stunning cakes and desserts, Decadent Dessert Bar in Maple Lawn will also be serving a Valentine’s Day Cookie Kit. Visit Sweet Cascades for delicious chocolate creations like chocolate covered strawberries and Old Bay chocolate crabs. Make your own chocolates with Robinson Nature Center's Valentines Day Chocolate And Wine take home kits.
Order Romantic Dinner & Drinks
Light some candles, dim the lights, change out of your pajamas or sweats, and share a candlelit romantic dinner from one our restaurants.
- Valentine's Day Menu @ Elkridge Furnace Inn & Garden House - Enjoy a romantic meal for two featuring Filet Mignon, Cherry Creme Brulee, Chocolate Dipped Strawberries and much more
- Valentine's Day Menu @ Kloby's Smokehouse - Open for a special 4 course prefix menu featuring lobster ravioli, chocolate covered strawberry bread pudding, and more, including a complimentary glass of champagne.
- Valentine's Day Menu @ EC Diner - Offering a 3 course meal for the price of your entree! Choice of soup, house salad & entree! End the evening with a special Valentine's Day Bouquet milkshake.
Special Valentines day meals may be available at more restaurants so be sure to keep up to date with our full list of restaurants and dining deals. Almost all restaurants offer carryout and delivery options, so whatever you and your honey are in the mood for, HoCo has you covered.
Try an out-of-the-box Valentine's day at Autobahn Speedway. Celebrate Valentine's week with sweetheart specials! Play to win on go karts and then test your skills on our Axe throwing lanes.
Pick up Flowers from Flower Barn
Located in Historic Ellicott City, Flower Barn offers charming custom and premade flower arrangements, succulents, airplants, & fresh cut flowers for any occasion, including Valentine’s Day. The friendly and outgoing staff will help create the perfect gift for somebody you love.